It may sound a tad egocentric, but this blog entry will be a Q&A with myself. That’s because I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Blogging Award. More about that in a minute, but first, thank you to M, The Average Girl for nominating me. M, The Average Girl is an entertaining blog, with pieces about a variety of subjects e.g. lifestyle, food, music, TV. Go check it out, and thanks once again to an Average Girl for nominating a Nervous Girl.
So, yes, the Liebster Award. For those of you who have been living in a blogging-hole, and have not heard of the Liebster Award, here’s how it works.
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them (step completed).
- Say 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions the blogger that nominated you wrote for you to answer.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers that you think deserve the award (who preferably have under 200 followers).
- Write 11 questions for your own nominees.
- Let them know you’ve nominated them.
Without further ado, I will launch into my Q&A/fact session, before revealing my nominations and unleashing a monsoon of questions upon their heads. Apologies to any nominees that a) have already been nominated in the past, or b) don’t want to take part if it’s not your sort of thing. I completely understand if either case applies to you.
So, the first item on the agenda is for me to say 11 facts about myself;
- I am an only child.
- My favourite genre of music is World music.
- I have a science degree.
- I don’t know how to ride a bike.
- My favourite dead painter is Van Gogh; my favourite alive painter is Josephine Wall.
- I’ve written two and a half novels in my spare time (none published… yet).
- I’ve never been able to stand up in a proper pair of heels, let alone walk in them.
- Other than writing, my greatest pleasures in life are food and music.
- I am completely obsessed with “Lord of the Rings” and anything Middle-Earth/Tolkien related.
- Even though I’d like to be good, I’m a bloody awful singer (bad X-Factor audition level of awful).
- I love watching documentaries (if you read my childhood diary blog posts, then this will already be apparent).
I’m fascinating, right? But the facts aren’t over yet. Now I will answer the 11 questions that M, The Average Girl has written for me and her other nominees;
- Watcha gonna do tomorrow? Very little hopefully. Probably have a career/existential crisis. I’ve been having a lot of those recently. I hope I’ll get chance to eat some Ben & Jerrys at some point as well.
- Cats or dogs and why? For reasons that I have explained in my previous blogs, I like to watch documentaries about animals, but I’d rather not have one wandering through my house
- What languages can you speak? English, and Object-French (which means that I know how to say names of random objects in French, but can no longer remember how to put them into sentences.) I also tried to learn Irish Gaelic online, but gave up after half an hour. I can only remember how to say ‘I am cold,’ ; Ta me fuar (taw may fuar)
- Suggest a singer and/or album. Kate Bush. She’s my favourite artist ever, and you only need to listen to her to hear why. Her best album is ‘Hounds of Love.
- Do you believe in something? (Meaning like: God, aliens, fate, or whatever thing above us) I believe in ‘something’ driving the universe, and I think I believe in the soul or something soul-like. Of course I believe in aliens; I couldn’t call myself a scientist if I didn’t.
- Favorite pizza topping? (I better not read any pineapple or I un-nominate you) Anchovies, tuna, prawns and olives.
- If the world was to end tomorrow, what would you do today? Get very drunk, eat all the chocolate in the house, call all my friends and family to say goodbye, listen to my favourite songs, and then sit and watch the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy all night. Oh, and maybe do a death-bed confession. Just in case.
- Movie you’ve seen the most times and why should I watch it? “The Lord of the Rings”. You should watch it because it’s an incredibly emotional and amazing piece of art.
- Would you rather live a long life in prison, or be free but die young? Definitely be free but die young. You’re not really ‘living’ if you’re in prison, at least not in the way you want to.
- All time celebrity crush and why do you find him/her/it so hot? Cliché, but it’s probably Colin Firth when he played Mr. Darcy. I know he’s not the most handsome person in the world, but while I was watching the BBC adaption of Pride and Prejudice, for those six hours I thought he was.
- Last but not least…what is that you most like about blogging? It allows me to talk about completely random things and have a (small) audience of people reading my writing on a regular basis.
Enough about me; these are my nominations for the award and a short reason why;
Halfbananas– An incredibly humorous, quirky, interesting blog. One of my faves.
Plankful– short snippets about physical and mental health and well-being. A very positive, frequent blogger.
The Mind of Monty Quack– A new blogger displaying a promising, quirky style. Click to read his tea-fueled thoughts.
ThisStuffIsGolden– this blogger talks about a lot. One of the subjects they explore very eloquently is mental health, which is an area I am very interested in.
Sadaption– Again, another mental health blog, but written in a light, positive way that doesn’t always take itself too seriously.
Habitat for Heavy Hearts– If you like creative writing, then this blog posts regular atmospheric short-stories.
The Well-Informed Namer– A blog all about names! The history of names, current names and naming trends. I love blogs that have a unique and interesting subject, and this is certainly one of them.
Fickle Feelings– This woman blogs about a multitude of different subjects ranging from family, relationships, music, religion etc. A great, well-written blog.
Now, pay attention, my nominees! These are the questions that I want you to answer;
- You’re stuck on a desert island and can only bring the complete works of a) one band, and b) one solo artist. Who do you choose?
- What country did you grow up in, and if you could have been born in a different country, what would you pick and why?
- Everyone has secret obsessions; what’s you main one?
- What was your favourite TV show as a child?
- Pretending there are no attached health risks, if you could only live on one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Here’s a voucher for a dream holiday/vacation. Where do you go and why?
- What is your favourite Disney movie?
- If you ruled the world, what is one thing that you find so incredibly annoying that you would ban it?
- Favourite subject at school? (or the one you found least crushingly awful).
- What accent do you think sounds the nicest?
- You get to meet a famous, dead person from history; who would you choose and why?
Hope you enjoyed this slightly different blog. Don’t forget to check out M, The Average Girl and my nominees.